Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Monday!

Prayer: “Father, as I begin this new day, may I be mindful of Your presence in my life. Having that knowledge, may I walk before You in obedience, putting Jesus on display for others to see. Lord, thank You for loving and saving me! Amen.”

Proverbs 3: 13-14 “Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding; for her proceeds are better than the profits of silver, and her gain than fine gold.”

Many people think that having more money or more possessions will bring them happiness. But God’s Word tells us that there is no happiness apart from holiness. In Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount he speaks of those who are blessed. According my meditations tonight “wise people humbly confess their sins, depend on Jesus for their righteousness and bless others with mercy and peace.” God rewards those who are wise with His gifts of mercy, justification, comfort, presence, purpose and a place in his kingdom. Nothing can compare to the riches of God’s grace.

God gives us these extravagant gifts of grace so that we can be more like Him and accomplish His work here on earth. If you have read God’s Word then you know as I have come to understand that there is nothing in this life more valuable than God’s truth. There is no diamond, new dress or even new shoes that can begin to purchase the presence, power, love and peace that God provides from living each day with Him through Jesus Christ.

Tomorrow I am meeting with the Dallas Area Minister of the Christian Church, Disciples of Christ. It is my earnest prayer that he will see a godly woman before him and will detect the presence of Christ in me. I ask your prayers as I have a first meeting with this minister.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. In your prayers tonight pray for God to give each of us the wisdom to walk in His presence and to look to Him for all of our needs. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: