Monday, April 25, 2011


Joyous Easter Sunday to you all!

It was such a great day! I usually write about our pastor’s amazing sermon on Sunday night, but this morning I left worship after the praise team sang its second special to go home and finish preparing for the family gathering at our home. But I can tell you this that in the time I was at worship, God was in the house and the house rocked! The most special moment today for me was when all four of us were standing together around the same microphone singing with the praise team. We have only sang once or twice together as a family going on three years. It was so amazing to sing with Bruce, Geni and Travis. It was a pretty emotional moment for me. I am pretty sure that Casey called all of heaven into quietness because his family was singing.

As to Geni’s graduation celebration today, the girls all wore their graduation gowns and we took a picture. I looked at my Mom and said, “Mom, there is your legacy.” She was so proud as were all of us.

Prayer: “Lord, I thank You that the strength of my life comes from the source of my life—Your Spirit. The spirit of this world is dark, weak and deceiving, but You have given me Your Spirit of light, strength and truth. Today, I want to walk in the Spirit and live in the Spirit, reflecting Christ in all things. Empower me to live for Your glory. Amen”

Galatians 5: 22—25 “The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.”

This passage asks us not only to “talk the talk”, but to “walk the walk.” There are times we really want to say something we shouldn’t or do something we should not do. Since Christ died for each of us our sins have been forgiven. In that forgiveness God expects us to change (repent) and act more Christ-like. God, through the power of the Holy Spirit, works with us to battle sin. He allows us to make the changes necessary to follow the model set forth by Christ. God’s work in us is all-sufficient. Each day we are given the grace needed to be renewed in the Holy Spirit.

You know the battle I write about when I sign off with each night? God is right there with us in the battle and we can be assured that when we rely on the power of the Holy Spirit we get to try again to walk the walk and talk the talk.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. As we lift each other up in prayer let us remember God works with each of us in the battle each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: