Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Prayer: “Lord Jesus, I lift my eyes to You. I give thanks for the Good News of Your death, burial, and resurrection. Thank You for the grace, mercy, and love that have transformed my sinful heart and delivered me from the kingdom of darkness. Thank You for the power and permanence of the Cross. Thank You for the renewal and regeneration of the Holy Spirit. Thank You for the gift of the Spirit, who secures my salvation and guarantees an imperishable inheritance. Amen.”

Acts 2: 36—38 “Let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom You crucified, both Lord and Christ.” Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?” Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”

The meditation I read tonight is a very powerful piece of writing. I am going to share it with you verbatim tonight. The words tonight are not my words, but I certainly do agree with them.

“The Holy Spirit testifies to the truth concerning Jesus Christ: Messiah, Redeemer, Son of the living God. He proclaims that Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life and that no one comes to the Father except through Him (John 14:6). Apart from the active work of God’s Spirit through the gospel, we cannot know God or the hope of eternal life. The Spirit convicts, calls, and converts weak and wayward people to live for a new purpose: to honor, serve and magnify the Lord Jesus Christ. This work of grace begins when we recognize that we are without hope apart from Christ. Repentance leads to the peace and freedom of grace. We confess our disobedience and turn away from our stubbornness. We cast ourselves wholly on the work of Christ for us, acknowledging in sufficiency, and we are saved! Praise God that His Spirit reveals truth to us and glorifies Christ in our lives!”

What a passionate description of the complete work of the Cross in our lives.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. As we lift our prayers claim the power of the Holy Spirit and believe that we can face each new day with confidence Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: