Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Prayer: “Lord, give me clarity today. I live in a world where darkness rules, sin pervades, and deceit hinders. Help me to see Your truth. Give me sensitivity to Your Spirit, let my heart remain in tune with Your voice. As I travel the path You have established for me, let me hear Your voice saying, “This is the way, walk in it.” (Isaiah 30:21). May Your Spirit be my strength and Your strength my security as I walk through this day. Amen.”

1 Corinthians 2: 12-13 “Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.”

I was sitting out on my new patio this afternoon after school enjoying the being outside. It was a bit cool for April but still peacefully enjoyable. And then I began to notice the blowing cottonwood falling. It looked like snow falling everywhere. Now if I did not realize it was cottonwood I would be totally confused as to why it was seemingly snowing in my backyard in April in Texas! Cottonwood also can cause sinuses to clog, eyes to water and itch and just plain misery.

I think this is what the spirit of the world is sort of like. The spirit of the world causes confusion because it is a spirit that hinders our vision. But the Spirit of God brings clarity to our thoughts and a vision that sees truth and acts as a beacon for us to walk in the steps of Jesus. This spirit of God is the Holy Spirit that dwells within us and works with us. Those who live without this Spirit directing their lives live without discernment or direction and reflect the spirit of the world. But those who live in the Spirit of God depend on and are given the assurance of clear vision and truth.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer remembering that as we live our lives each day the Holy Spirit is there working with us. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: