Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Thursday!

TAKS testing is completed! The cheer went up all over the building when the announcement came across. It will be nice to get back to a regular schedule and have TAKS behind us as we look forward to the end of the year excitement and activities.

Luke 15:6 “Rejoice with me for I have found my sheep which was lost.”

As a teacher I live in a role of leadership. But as soon as I am finished giving instructions from the front of the classroom I do not leave the children to their own devices. I begin walking around the classroom giving help and assistance as necessary with the students. These students are young and are in need of a helping hand because they can get off track and become distracted very easily.

God leads us, His sheep, through briars, deserts, glades, up mountains, down into valleys and then to the calm waters. The most amazing thing is that God does not just lead us and expect us to follow no matter what, He finds ways to go that will cause us to grow and learn of Him. And just like any good teacher of children He is there to help when we stumble and fall. God is there to lend a helping hand. The most important thing for us to remember is to follow Him and stay with the flock. Staying away from the flock will find us lost, without the companionship of our fellow believers and out of earshot of our Shepherd. God may lead us to where we have never been before, but if we follow His leading then we will arrive safely equipped to act in His behalf .

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When you pray tonight, remember to lift each other up in prayer. Remember that none of us is ever beyond God’s love and care and he is there to give a helping hand. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: