Sunday, November 14, 2010

Blessed Sunday!

Today is my birthday. I hit the double nickel! I am 55 years old. My family prepared a wonderful dinner for me of steak, pan sautéed cauliflower and salad with an Irish Cream Chocolate Cake and coffee for dessert. I may never go out to eat again! Dinner was delicious! Thank you, Bruce, Geni and Travis. You are the best!

Matthew 6:8 “Don’t be like them, for your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask Him!” (This verse is followed by The Lord’s Prayer.)

This God we love and serve is a God of goodness and tender mercies. His word is true and He knows us better than we know ourselves. With this verse God invites us to “come unto Him.” Not just to come unto Him in times of trouble, but in all we do.

God wants us to come to Him for the solution to every problem, for the calming of every fear, for our every need that is physical, mental, spiritual and emotional.

God is our God of everything. God does not want us to just come when we are desperate or in despair, but for all things that bring us joy and gladness, things that bring us to our knees in shame and in need of forgiveness and for our needs of home, health and friendship. If you will remember that in The Lord’s Prayer that follows this verse Jesus teaches the disciples to pray, “Give us this day our daily bread.” We are to come believing in the power of the love God has for us and remember how faithful God is to answer the prayers of His people. God does not qualify why or when we can come to Him, but simply to “Come unto Him.”

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer each day. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS I received the time and date for my Entrance to Candidacy Interview today. I will be interviewed by the candidacy committee on December 17 at 10:00 AM at Briarwood Camp in Copper Canyon, Tx. Please join me in praying for the interviewers, that they see and accept the call I am answering, and for me that I may have peace in this process. Thank you all. Peace, gc

No comments: