Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy Thursday!

The resounding whisper throughout the halls at school is “One more day and I am SO ready for a break!” It is an interesting sight as teachers walk down the hall and quietly articulate this phrase to other teachers passing each other in the hall. I plan to teach tomorrow and keep these very excited children between the walls and off the ceiling. Please pray for our sanity!

Isaiah 60:1 “Arise, shine; for your light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.”

2 Corinthians 3:18 “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”

When the Spirit of God is upon us we carry with us the beauty of His character. We reflect the glory of God when we act in patience, love and service. I pray each day for God’s presence to be in me as I work with the children in my class. Some days or some moments I am a better reflection than at other times. This class of children is a rather challenging group and I find myself losing patience, not being as loving as I normally am and not being the servant God desires in me as I work with these children.

Then I think of God and how I am not always an easy child with which to teach and try to discipline. I am sure God loses patience with me and just wishes I would stop talking, listen and realize that His will for me is far better than my own desires and plans. God never gives up on me and starts again with me every moment of every day in love, forgiveness and grace.

The character of God is in His heart and in the beauty of His perfect holiness. I am not perfect, but since God has claimed me and each of us as His children some of His character must dwell in us. So tomorrow when a rough moment or situation comes along, I am going to stop and take a breath. I will breathe in God’s love, His kindness, and remember that those with whom we live and work are His children too. I invite you to take that breath, too. Let us ask God to inspire us by placing His spirit in us so that His very presence is recognized by others and we reflect the character of God.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe G

No comments: