Saturday, November 20, 2010

Happy Friday!

Psalm 121: 1-2 “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence comes my help. My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.”

James 4:10 “Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He shall lift you up.”

I got my sacraments paper back tonight with the professor’s comments. I did not receive the grade I had hoped for. I did not fail the paper but I am somewhat troubled by the grade. My confidence is a bit shaken and I have one more paper to write and now I am nervous about writing again.

Tonight’s meditation tells me to look unto the hills. I don’t believe I can physically do this, but I can look from this world and lift my eyes to the Help of the Lord. This type of writing and annotating I don’t think I understand. So instead of getting down about this grade I am going to have to research how to do this and how to write footnotes in short order.

I think the lesson I am meant to learn is that no matter what happens, I need to look to God for help, comfort and guidance in all situations. I need to look to God when things are going well and when things are not going so well. For all my spiritual needs I need to look to the Lord who made Heaven and Earth. And for all of my temporal, earthly needs I still need to look to Him, the Lord who made all the earth.

Continuing to take joy in your journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer daily. Love you all so very much. Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe G

No comments: