Monday, November 15, 2010

Happy Monday!

Thank you all for your wonderful birthday wishes. It was a wonderful birthday followed by a small celebration given by my students today at school. The students regaled me with tales of how old their grandmothers were. Some were older and some were younger. Go figure!

Mark 16:20 “And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the Word with signs following.”

Do you remember those old stories about being taught how to swim? Someone would throw you in the pond, lake or river and you would either sink or swim. God tells us in His Word that the disciples went out preaching about Jesus and salvation. Jesus did not send these men out without preparation. Jesus gave them the task to preach about His love, forgiveness and eternal life. The verse tells us that everywhere the disciples went, Jesus was working with them confirming His Word to them and in them.

God prepares those He sends out to proclaim and work in on this earth. We are not thrown into the lake without a rope. We are tethered to Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit and encouraged by His Word. Whenever we trust him wholly and we leave to Him the direction we are to go, His plan is made manifest in us. As we learn these lessons of trust and obedience and are willing to walk in the ways of Christ then others see God’s presence in us.

God calls us to trust in Him with boundless faith. We need to remember the words “not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord.” The old song says, “Trust and obey for there’s no other way…”

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: