Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

Final assignment submitted for my class at TCU. One worship presentation and one research project left to go and I will have completed the fall semester of Christian Worship. Today I have completed my final teacher observation at school. And today I registered for the spring semester. I will be taking Congregational Leadership. The latest requirement for Lutheran ordination is that I pastor a church for three years before I can serve as a chaplain. Being a pastor of a church is not my first choice, but if it is what the requirements demand of me so I can become a hospital chaplain, then this class should be most helpful. Offer a prayer for me that I can meet the challenges of this candidacy.

Exodus 25: 8 “Let them make me a sanctuary, that I may dwell among them.”

Matthew 18: 20 “For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there I am in the midst of them.”

This verse from Matthew brings me a great deal of peace, but this verse also claims enormous power. I always say that two brains working on a problem are better than one and four eyes looking at a situation are better than two. Can you fathom being with a friend and calling on the name of Jesus with the full knowledge of the promise that Jesus will be there? This is a promise that we must claim always.

Know that this promise is true - that when two believers meet Jesus is the Third. When we gather with other believers we become the sanctuary for God. We become the living presence of God. We are a place for worship, praise and prayer because of the promise that Jesus will be there. The power of the Holy Spirit unites us to each other and with Christ because we gather in His name. Friends, that is a powerful bond! The power that is created is the desire to serve our risen Lord and Savior.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count you blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: