Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Congrats to the Rangers on their win this afternoon and congrats to the Frogs for theirs.

Psalm 37: 1-4 “Don’t worry about the wicked or envy those who do wrong. For like the grass, they soon fade away, like spring flowers they soon wither. Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desire.”

Today I had an interview with the head of the Lutheran Candidacy Committee. It was a delightful conversation. We discussed my life from the time I was a child growing up, my parents, my brother, my faith formation and the calling I have received and am pursuing. As I continue to attend school to complete the Master’s of Divinity degree there are some decisions that will have to be made. I must affiliate myself with a Lutheran Seminary and attend for a year. I think the closest Lutheran Seminary that I can attend is in Chicago. And according to the requirements I will have to pastor a church for three years before I can go into the field of chaplaincy. If I choose not to seek ordination I can go the path of being a Diaconal Minister. I am not sure of the requirements, but it is an option I can pursue.

These are things I must think about as I seek discernment and God’s absolute planning. These are life altering decisions that will be surrendered in prayer. As I told Steve, (my interviewer), today, if God truly is leading me into an ordained ministry then God will make a way and the path will be laid out before me.

These are not decisions that need to be made today, but they are decisions that will require a great deal of praying and listening to God’s clear and gentle prompting to do His will. After all, the bottom line is that I seek God’s will in all I do and serve Him in whatever way He sees best. How about you…?

Let us help each other through prayer to take joy in the journey of obedience and surrender to the will of God in all of our lives. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: