Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

Class was great tonight! Tonight we discussed sacraments and sacramental thinking. It was really wonderful and a very spiritual lecture and discussion. Being a Lutheran, I am well versed in sacraments. I even contributed to the class discussion tonight! I don’t do that very often.

Ephesians 5:8-10 “Walk as children of light: (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.”

I love to pray. I love to pray alone and in silence and I love to pray aloud even if it is only me and God present. I love to pray with a group or lead others in prayer. I have been complimented on the ease with which I pray and my ability to pray aloud with not very much notice. When complimented for those abilities, I always respond, “I practice a lot.”

When we accept God’s Will for our lives we will experience the Divine Revelation of God. We will experience Holiness and Happiness. The road of obedience is not always an easy road, but remember that Jesus walked the road to the cross and that was not a smooth path, either. It took total and complete surrender of the earthly self of Jesus and his willingness to be obedient in order to carry the burden of sin and forgiveness for each of us. When we accept God’s will for our lives in all things then the yoke transfers to the shoulders of Jesus.

Here is the thing; God does not just want surrender in the really difficult decisions and big events in our life. God wants us to surrender in every interruption, every task, no matter how small. If we will remember to surrender in all things then it becomes a habit and the Joy God promises will change and transform our lives.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us remember to continue to pray for each other daily! Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Our Rangers lost today, but still are ahead in the series 3-2. One more win at home and we will be in the World Series! Go Rangers!

No comments: