Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy Thursday!

Revelation 3: 20 “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock; if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me.”

Isaiah 55: 3 “Incline your ear, and come unto Me: hear, and your soul shall live.”

I love having friends and family over for dinner. It does not matter if we are having a full meal, snacks or dessert and coffee. The fellowship that is experienced around the table brings me great joy.

Can you imagine attending the meals and feasts with Jesus as recorded in scripture? Just think…the wedding feast at the marriage at Cana where Jesus finally accepted His divinity at the urging of his mother; the meal at the home of Mary and Martha where Jesus ministered to Mary and Martha in such different ways; the Passover meal shared in the upper room when Jesus said good-bye to his dearest friends; the meal shared at the lakeside with Peter and some of the other disciples - all examples of places and times when Jesus revealed Himself.

At each one of those meals, God provided the elements and God fellowshipped with the people gathered. At each meal the hearts of those gathered burned with the fire of the Holy Spirit because God was present in the body of Jesus and in the elements provided; the wine at the marriage feast symbolizing the changing of the hearts of man, the wine and bread imaging the sacrificed body and shed blood of Christ, and finally, through the familiar hands that broke the bread and served the meal to the disciples after the resurrection.

In each of these events Jesus initiates the meal. He offered the invitation to dine with Him to meet the immediate need of physical hunger and to fulfill the eternal need for a relationship with God through Jesus. All we need to do is accept the invitation and sit down at the table of grace and forgiveness and dine with our Host.

All we are asked to bring to the table is our heart. Jesus will provide the rest.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: