Friday, October 22, 2010

Hurray for Friday!

Rangers Win! Rangers Win! Was that amazing or what! I loved that the last out was on A-Rod. (sorry, that was sort of mean) I also loved how Josh Hamilton gave glory to God and Jesus Christ before he spoke about anything else. Praise God for witnesses who are not just willing to talk the talk, but are also willing to walk the walk.

Jude 1:20 “But you, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit.”

In my classroom during center time I have places for noisy centers and places for quiet centers. I keep the quiet centers near the area where I am teaching a small reading group and the louder centers further around the room. The ones I am teaching in the small group have a better opportunity for increased learning without a lot of nearby distractions. With fewer distractions these children are building up reading skills and fluency.

When we pray in the Holy Spirit we are furnishing the quiet places in our souls with the clear and quiet voice of God. We build up an unshakable faith because of the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives. When we pray in the power of the Holy Spirit we fill the spaces with peace, all things that are good and beautiful and, if you will allow the comparison, an extraordinary sense of joy and a need to celebrate.

Friends, let none of us wait 39 years ( the time it took the Rangers to get to the World Series) to build a spiritual home and fill the quiet places with the power of the Holy Spirit. But begin now through prayer in Jesus name, by the intercession of the Holy Spirit, reading God’s Word and surround ourselves by God’s people.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: