Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happy Thursday!

Well, some order came out of chaos today. Teachers often come back to school after the summer to find everything in their room stacked in the hall. That is what I found this morning. When I put my room back together, I sort of create an organized chaos and then it finally comes together. So I am in the midst of the organized chaos and have hopes of having my room in order before I leave tomorrow. Special kudos go to Travis who gave up his day to help me move heavy furniture and put books on shelves.

Daniel 2:23 “I thank You and praise You, O God of my fathers, for you have given me wisdom and strength. You have told me what we asked of you. You have revealed to us what the king demanded.”

As a teacher I plan for each day’s lesson week by weak, but always with the end of the year in mind as I plan. It is “with great hopes and expectations” (as my sister-in-law Grace says) that all the children achieve and meet or exceed the goals set before them. It is my responsibility to see that every strategy is put in place to help the children. This responsibility is important so prayer time spent on this responsibility is also important.

God answers every prayer. When things seem really wrong to us or someone we know is doing wrong things it is our responsibility to pray for the situation or the person. We need to pray for those wrongs to be righted and for the person for whom we are praying to become different. We don’t need to be so presumptuous as to tell God how to change the person or situation. We just need to make our requests known to God and trust that His will is done. We may never know how God has worked in the life of someone for whom we are anonymously praying or even if the situation is righted. God rejoices when a life is turned around and a situation which was wrong has been righted. When we pray for others and situations we share in the life that God has provided through the presence of the Holy Spirit. WOW! Sharing a life with God, what a journey!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: