Monday, August 9, 2010

Greetings from Austin St.

Happy Monday! Ah…the best laid plans of mice and school teachers…I arrived at school this morning prepared to work in my classroom only to find that the contents of my classroom were out in the hall and the custodial staff were just now cleaning my room. I cannot get back into my classroom until Thursday. That only gives me 2 full days to put my room together for the year. Serious bummer!!!

Psalm 4:8 “I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep; for You Lord only make me dwell in safety.”

As I was reading the meditation for this passage of scripture it speaks of emptying oneself to be filled with Divine Supply. I shared with you on the Sunday post about the Greek Orthodox ritual communion practice of not eating prior to receiving Eucharist on Sunday morning. It is their practice to receive the body and blood as their first meal of the day. In their faith that act translates that they have denied themselves in sacrifice to be filled with the presence of God in the elements.

Faith is a gift from God. We ask God for so much. When we have needs that are of concern to us then we worry, lose sleep and are anything but peaceful in our lives. When we ask God to help or rescue us from our troubles then we must trust Him with all we have and all we are. When we trust at all levels then we are emptying ourselves and are prepared for God’s presence, the Holy Spirit, to fill our lives and meet whatever needs we have placed before Him. If we empty ourselves then God will fill us with His Divine Supply. This is such a hard lesson for all of us to learn. We want to rely on material things and God says those things will pass away, but I will never leave you. God dwells within us and we may live in His peace.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. I am praying for you. Please pray for our family. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: