Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

“The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the wicked come in his stead.”

Opening prayer: Jesus, You are watching over us to bless and care for us.

Tomorrow I am going back into my classroom. When last I say my classroom most of its contents were out in the hall outside my room. I usually spend an entire week and long hours putting my classroom together prior to the week of inservice, but this year it was not to be. So tomorrow Travis and I will wade through the chaos and try to put my room together. The goal I have for tomorrow is to get all of the furniture placed and the books put away. I will (with help from Travis) do these things to prepare for the children to enter my classroom in just a few short days.

God brings us out of darkness into light, out of unrest to rest and out of disorder to order. Sometimes when I look at the chaos of the things in my classroom it is hard to know where to begin. Do you ever feel like that in your own life? Do you ever feel that there are so many things to do and they all seem to be of equal importance and you don’t know where to begin? I know I have felt that way.

God is made flesh in the person of Jesus. God and Jesus are one. So God, who made the ordered and beautiful world out of chaos and set the stars in the sky can most certainly bring us out of the chaos in our own lives. We just have to ask for help! We have to pray. We have to pray and then remember to trust Him with all we are. We must fear nothing, look up and believe that God will come to our aid. God can bring peace and order out of the current crisis or chaos. We pray. We trust. Then sit back and watch God work.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer alert: Scott Pound, a friend from our church, has been battling cancer for seven years. His prognosis is not good. Please pray for Scott, his parents Kathy and Robb and Scott’s wife Melissa. Our family is in prayer for them.

No comments: