Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Saturday and Happy Independence Day Eve!

At this writing I can hear music and hear and see fireworks from our house. I think they may be coming from The Levitt. How awesome!! I would like to issue an invitation to each of you to attend the 4th of July celebration being held at Advent Lutheran Church tomorrow from 9:00 until after the 11:00 worship service. Worship services will be held as usual and activities will occur between services. There is a cake walk, parade and silent auction as well as other activities. Lunch will be served after the 11:00 service. Old fashioned picnic food will be served along with a great time.

Uncle Gene update: My uncle Gene arrived at the nursing home/assisted living center this week. He is adjusting to the new living arrangements. Please continue to keep him and my Aunt Imogene in your prayers. Thank you all so very much.

Psalm 42:1 “As the deer pants after the water brooks, so pants my soul after You, O God.”

As I meditated on this verse, I thought about all of those who have served our country in times of war and conflict. I teach very near the military base in Fort Worth. I know of many families who serve in our military and their dedication and passion for the freedom our country lives under. I can tell you that their commitment to their task of defending this country is nothing short of a passion. For many it means separation from their families and putting their life on the line. Our commitment to our relationship with God should be as strong and passionate as those who serve our country. We are servants in God’s kingdom here on earth. God sacrificed His Son, Jesus, for our freedom. We live under the blanket of freedom from sin and death because of the sacrifice of Jesus. Let us give thanks to those who serve and protect our freedom under the flag of stars and stripes and give thanks to the One who bore stripes for each of us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: