Sunday, June 27, 2010





Blessed Sunday! Attached are a few pictures from the Smith Family Reunion of 2010. Enjoy.


The grand-cousins, or children of the cousins.








Girl Cousins.













Cousins.

















Travis and Nita (Grandmere).










Luke 9: 62 But Jesus told him, “Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God.”

A few days ago I went to Kroger and purchased groceries. I paid for my basket of items, or at least I thought I had paid for everything until I got to the car. As I was loading the bags in the car I noticed a small bag of lettuce that was by my purse in the seat of the basket. I cost less than a dollar, but I had not paid for it. I was immediately reminded of a story Bruce told me some years ago.

It seems that a new minister came to town. He wanted to get the lay of the land so he got on a bus and began to tour the city. As he got on the bus he paid for his trip and received some change back. As he sat in the bus he noticed that the bus driver had given him too much change back. At first he thought it really doesn’t matter it is only a few cents and then he remembered the real cost of keeping the extra money. So as he prepared to depart from the bus, he returned the extra change. He told the bus driver that he was a new preacher in town and that he (the bus driver) gave him (the preacher) too much change. The bus driver admitted that he knew that the man was a minister and just wanted to see what he would do. The bus driver welcomed him to town and thanked him for his honesty and not just talking the talk, but walking the walk of a Christian. The bus pulled away and the preacher began to shake and had to steady himself by grabbing onto a nearby pole. He raised his head toward the sky and was heard to say, “Forgive me, Father, I almost sold your Son for a quarter.”

You know once we decide to follow Jesus there is no turning back. The old song says, “The world behind me, the cross before me. No turning back.” We are called to builders of the kingdom. Christ is counting on us to be His voice and His actions here on earth to show others the way to the throne of God.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS I took the bag of lettuce back into the store, explained my mistake and paid for the lettuce. I could not live with myself with the thought that I could have sold the Son of God for a bag of lettuce. Didn’t a man named Judas…?

No comments: