Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

It was girl day today. Geni and I spent the day together shopping, having lunch and talking. It was such a nice day. I got the bargain of the day! I think I found the last $8.00 dress in America. We were in Sears and I was just looking (not intending to buy) and came across this summer dress and the price tag really did say $7.99. I bought the dress. I love a great bargain!

Psalm 121:5 “The Lord is your keeper: the Lord is your shade upon your right hand.”

Geni and a friend had a conversation recently. They discussed an old situation that had happened between them about a year ago. The friend had been somewhat reluctant to talk to Geni for about a year. When they finally did talk, Geni said, “I forgave you a long time ago.” Even though her friend thought the friendship had been compromised or perhaps even ended, Geni had remained steadfast in her love for this friend enough to forgive the hurt.

Isn’t it the most wonderful feeling to know that there is nothing we can ever do to go beyond God’s love and care? God loves us so much and so desires a continual relationship with Him, but He cannot do everything. After all, a relationship must involve at least two parties. We must first lay our will at His feet and trust in His will for our lives to be the best choices possible. Next we must trust God and His powerful abilities; “With God ALL things are possible.” Then leave all we have and are with Him with gladness and accept His will trusting that it will bring us joy.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes (or maybe rainboots!), count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: