Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy Monday!

Proverbs 15:15 “All the days of the afflicted are evil; but he that is of a merry heart has a continual feast.”

Karen Carpenter (what a wonderful voice) used to sing of rainy days and Mondays. The lyrics said they always got her down. Well, we so needed the rain even though Bruce and Travis had to stop painting a house that they have almost finished. I am grateful for the rain, but I will also be very glad when they can go back to work.

Does it ever seem like things go wrong on Monday? Have you ever said, “It’s a Monday,” when things are not going right or as expected? I know I have. But then I began to think that that statement is really pretty silly because just as many things can go wrong on any other day of the week too. So let’s think of Monday differently. Monday’s are a day to begin the work week once again. We have spent the weekend hopefully doing some things we do not usually do during the week and then on Monday and we get to begin once again. In this day and time of economic distress being able to go to work on Monday is a grand blessing. Sort of the difference in those who say, “Good Lord it’s Monday,“ as compared to those who say, “It’s Monday, thank you Lord.” It was Monday today and it rained and my geraniums and tomato plants were so happy. So to a geranium a rainy Monday is a grand blessing.

God gives each of us Mondays to experience joy and to have a happy heart and to give thanks. God gives us rain to remind us of His blessings and how they rain down on us because of His love for us and how His love is given. Just like the rain, we have done nothing to make the rain happen or to earn His love. Just like the geraniums, tomato plants and the dry brown yard, we just need to open our heart to receive it and remember to give thanks. Take a moment to dance in the rain and remember how much God loves us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings (even on a Monday!) and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: