Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

When I was in school, I am not sure if teachers did summer training or if they just took summers off, but that is certainly not the case with today’s educators. I have already been to two trainings this summer. I will attend another one tomorrow and again in August. I once read a coffee cup that said, “The best part of teaching is June, July and August!” With the addition of technology and its rapid changes, teachers teach school and go to school year round!

Just a quick update, I go tomorrow afternoon (after my training) and get the stitches out of my nose. I will take my last antibiotic tonight and continue the healing process. According to what I have read healing for this type of surgery can take anywhere from three months to a year. I want to thank you all for your kind and heartfelt prayers. Your prayers have been a constant support and have brought a healing balm to me. Your cards, phone calls and concern have been so wonderful. Thank you all so very much.

Matthew 13: 44 “The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure a man found, he hides and for joy goes forth and sells all that he has and buys the field.”

The other day I shared with you that I found a “treasure.” The treasure was a dress. The dress is a simple black and red flowered sun dress. The dress was in my size and only marked $7.99. I found myself checking and rechecking the price tag to make sure it was really the correct price. Then I thought maybe there are more! So I began to go through the clothing racks to see if there were any more of these “treasures.” I was going to purchase as many of the dresses (in my size) that were available. I did not find any more, but I was quite diligent in my search.

The man in the passage found a single treasure in a field and was willing to buy the entire field to see if there was more treasure to be found. That is how we should all feel about God’s love for us. God loves us so much that when we first receive His love, grace, forgiveness and tender mercies, it is the most wonderful treasure we have ever discovered. It is so amazing that we continue seeking His love through every means possible. We find His love in those around us. We find His love in the Word. We find His love in our conversations with Him in prayer. And we find His love as we learn to worship. We buy the field and continue to discover the treasures it holds. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow and an endless source of treasured love.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Gaylene and Bruce,
I read your blog regularly, and am always inspired, and lots of times amused by your postings. I keep you all in my thoughts and prayers daily. Thank you for all your work for our Lord! Love, Rhonda