Sunday, July 11, 2010

Blessed Sunday to you all!

I finished my Formation Paper today. It is due on Tuesday and another paper has to be ready, but not turned in as yet. The second paper is the first part of a three part paper due on Friday. So since I do not have class tomorrow I plan to begin the preparation work for the paper due on Friday and hopefully begin the paper on Tuesday afternoon. Say a prayer for me please.

Psalm 139 :14 “I will praise you; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.”

Today I was honored to teach Sunday School with my daughter. We had 12 children ranging in ages from about 4 to 12. We divided them up in two age groups and each worked with a different table. Today’s lesson was about Queen Esther. What a brave, courageous and faithful woman! She came from a tragic situation, was placed in a country that was not her home. She was a Jewish woman placed in Persia; a country that did not believe in a living god, but believed in idols. Her faith would not let Haman kill the Jewish people and through her courage, God worked through her to save His people from death.

After telling this story to the children I asked them how we could be like Queen Esther. How could we help God take care of the earth and everything in it. Their answers were so thoughtful. They said we can take care of the earth by not littering, recycling and taking care of our parks. They said we can be nice to others and help them when they need help. They said we can tell people about God and how much He loves them. Out of the mouths of babes…comes the wisdom of the ages.

These children, even though they did not know it, were praising God with their willingness to do what they could to take care of the earth and everyone in it. They do not have a concept of everyone in the earth, but they certainly know who their friends are, they care about their community and they know about God and His love for them and how much others need to know about that love. “Kids say the darndest things!” (I know I’m old.)

We could all take a lesson from Queen Esther and the children. We do not live in palaces and perhaps we are not being persecuted unto death, but we can be channels for love to others from our homes and help our earth throughout our community, to find ways to help and keep on loving.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. I am praying for you and please keep praying for me. Love you all so much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Special prayers for Geni, please, as she begins her second round of summer classes tomorrow. She will again go to Denton during the day and TCC at night. She is beginning to get tired so please say a special prayer for her. Thanks. gc

No comments: