Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

OOPS! I was a day off on last night’s journal entry. I thought yesterday was the 14th only to find out today at the bank that today is the 14th. The teller inside the drive through sent the check back to me I was trying to cash and asked me to change the date to the 14th. I had written the 15th on the check. I will be better after 12:30 on Friday. My next to last paper will have been turned in and I am not beginning the next one until Monday!

I have until Thursday to complete the final paper. It is going to be a most interesting piece of writing. I am to watch the movie Ordinary People staring Mary Tyler Moore, Donald Sutherland and a very young Timothy Hutton. It is the story of a family’s loss of a child and how each member deals with or does not deal with that loss. I am supposed to identify spots in the movie that could benefit from some pastoral care. The paper is to be 8—10 pages in length. Please continue your prayers.

FYI OH! Doc Martinelli has pronounced me healed from the cancer. Praise God from Whom all Blessings flow! The last directive is on or about August 1, I am to massage my nose with Vitamin E oil. This oil and the massaging action will break down the scar tissue and allow my nose to return to its original shape and size. Thank you all for your wonderful and heartfelt prayers. I have felt them all and appreciated them so much.

Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Tonight my meditation is only about two sentences long, but it has brought about some memories. Bruce’s Mom, God rest her soul, had the kindest and most giving heart, but she seemed to live from crisis to crisis. We used to tease among ourselves that if there was not a current crisis she would create one just to stay busy. She did not look for the next victory or the next blessing, she seemed to look for the next disaster. She was a wonderful woman of faith and prayed continuously for her children and their families, but just struggled in looking for and receiving blessings and (forgive me) taking joy in the journey.

Our God is a God of faith and was kind enough to give us His gift of faith. God’s faith gift to us is one of being expectant. Faith expects with joyful trust that good things are in store for us.

How can we get that joyful trust that God has good things in store for us? First, we can remember how much God loves us through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. We can acknowledge that the love of God is greater than any crisis that we can experience either real or imagined. Living a life of joy during adversity really hacks Satan off so much that he eventually leaves us alone because Satan has no power where the perfect love of God is present.

So my friends, take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. I am praying for you. Please keep me and my family in your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS With one exception all of the pieces of the application process for candidacy are in the hands of those who handle all of the procedures and processes. I should hear from the committee shortly to begin the next phase which includes background check, psychological/career counseling and an initial interview. I am going to need mighty prayer warriors. I am a bit nervous. I will keep you posted. Thanks friends, gc

No comments: