Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

Joshua 1:3 “Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.”

Our Lord, thank You that You have kept us. Amen.

Twenty one months ago today our beloved Casey went into the arms of the Father. It was even on a Tuesday. Today in class we studied grief. How amazingly appropriate this study was for today! I have finally gotten to the point when I remember Casey I do not remember him at the point of his death. I think about other times before he was so sick. I remember his silly smile, kitchen dancing, how much he loved to play pool, how much he loved his family and how precious he was to all of us. But mostly I miss him.

On Sunday we sang “All to Jesus I Surrender.” I did not make it through the song. I just buried my face in Bruce’s shoulder and wept tears of loss and remembrance. I looked over at Geni and she was unable to sing either. I know I have told you the story of how the instant the first chemotherapy was opened up and those ghastly drugs began flowing through him and in his state of half sleep and half awake he began to sing, “All to Jesus I Surrender.” It was a holy moment I will forever be grateful to have witnessed.

God did not give Casey cancer, but God did give us the road in which to walk. Throughout the last year of Casey’s life God kept us so close that we were never out of His loving care and tender mercies. God sent us to the most phenomenal hospital for cancer treatment on the planet. God called a congregation to empty themselves into our lives and to model the perfect example of grace in action. God has called me into a ministry where I can hopefully help others through loss and give them the hope that God will keep them so close.

God has a road for each of us to walk. His Word says that if we walk in obedience then the road becomes holy ground. God will be with us and will keep us close to Himself because of His amazing love for us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Keep praying for us and we will certainly continue our prayers for you. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS I have a test tomorrow. An extra prayer would be wonderful! Thanks and peace, gc

No comments: