Saturday, May 22, 2010

Happy Saturday!

What an awesome day! The weather was so beautiful that the kids and I took Jackson and Lamar to River Legacy Park for a walk and then back home to grill burgers for dinner. The weather was so pleasant and not too hot, but, never fear, I wore a hat and sunglasses while on our walk in the park. The spots on my face are healing and we are just waiting on the biopsy report from the doc. I should hear something by Tuesday.

Mark 11:24 “Therefore I say unto you, What things you desire, when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them.”

This is always such an interesting passage. I don’t think it is meant that whatever we ask God will just magically provide. If that were true then we would ask for whatever the earth could provide without seeking what God will provide through a relationship with Him through Christ.

Let’s think about this a little differently. When someone in a family dies and leaves a will there are certain bequests made for them by the one who has passed away. It might be a sum of money, jewelry, property or other item. The one to whom the bequest has been made has every right to collect the item(s) because they were left to them by name by the authority of the one who wrote the will.

When we enter into a relationship with God through Jesus we die to our old ways and enter into a new familial relationship. We are still servants of God, just as Jesus was, but we become heirs to the Kingdom and all God has to offer is ours because we become brothers and sisters to Christ. Those outside the Kingdom make supplication to God, but as children of God we are given the freedom to walk into the house and share in the Kingdom. We are named in God’s Will. We are given son and daughter status to God through our brother Christ and God loves us as much as He loves Jesus. Therefore God offers His love, grace, forgiveness, tender mercies, strength, healing, wholeness and wisdom to each of us just as He gave to Jesus. Jesus understood what it meant to be God’s son and knew that all God had to offer was His for the taking. All He had to do was be open to receive. God offers us the same bequests in His Will for our lives. We just need to be open to receive them.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say for your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: