Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy Thursday!

Dr. Grice (dermatologist) performed the biopsies on the spots on my nose and above my lip this morning. After deadening the area, it was a painless procedure. His diagnosis was that he could see further cancerous activity in the spot on my nose. He told me that after the results come back he will send me to a skin cancer surgeon who performs the Mohs Procedure. It is done in the office, but is rather lengthy and takes all day. If I understand it correctly the procedure is performed under a microscope and is not complete until all of the affected area is free of cancer cells. Sounds like a winner to me!! After this procedure then the repair work can be done on the same day sometimes involving a plastic surgeon if necessary. I was upset this morning and phoned my Mom. I told her that cancer had not only entered our home again, but was walking around. I would be lying if I said I was not still concerned, but it seems this treatment plan has a 97% to 99% cure rate. Sounds fabulous to me!!! So, yes, I am concerned, but feel more confident in the future given the reading I have done today.

Joshua 1:7 “Only be strong and very courageous.”

God Calling May 20—“You will conquer!” I promise this was my meditation for today. God seems to know that the mention of the word cancer strikes in me a myriad of emotions all at the same time and far too many memories. I guess God knows my heart so well and needs to remind me daily of His presence. I thought about Casey today and remembered the day I told him he had cancer. Bruce, Casey and I were together in the hospital room and Casey’s response after the news and after the tears was a clear, strong voice that simply said, “I will beat this.” Today with my own situation I spoke those same words. I pray I will have the same courage as my son as I walk this road. I realize this cancer is minor compared to the life-taking disease that claimed Casey’s body, but not his spirit.

God gave Casey the courage to face cancer. What Casey did was to turn his eyes off of himself and turn his focus on God. Talk about a surrendered life. Casey knew he could not conquer anything alone, but the almighty, all powerful, ever loving and eternal God could conquer anything. Wherever God is, Victory is there also. The forces of evil take a hike when God makes His presence known and the battle is won. So today I am claiming victory in Jesus’ Name and I plan to enter the battle with a spirit of conquest and to face each step with trust in the Master Healer.

I am continuing to take joy in the journey, wearing comfortable shoes, counting my blessings and most assuredly saying prayers for me and for you. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: