Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy Friday!

Today was the annual First Grade Family Picnic. It is one of my favorite days during the school year. The children and their families spread their blankets and towels or sit in lawn chairs and enjoy a grilled hot dog with chips, cookies and a drink. But most of all they spend time together eating and playing. It is a wonderful day. For a few moments it was a bit of a bittersweet day when I remembered Casey grilling the hot dogs as he did for several years.

But today, whether he knew it or not, Travis stepped into his brother’s role and grilled the dogs and had such a great time doing it. I love having my family around. Even Geni joined us for lunch as she was substituting in a kindergarten class today. It was a wonderful day.

Mark 4:19 “And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering, choke the Word, and it becomes unfruitful.”

It seems we have a greater need for God when things are not going well. When we have a load of care and are carrying burdens, we seek God out asking His guidance more than when things are rockin’ along pretty good. So here is the question…Do we see God better when we are carrying our own burdens or when we lay them at His feet in surrender? When we carry our own burdens it is like walking with a backpack too heavy for us causing us to walk looking at the ground. When we cast off our cares at the feet of the Father then we can stand and are freed from the weight because God is now taking over and, as the song says, “He carried the weight of the world on His shoulders and I know my brother/sister He can carry you.” So my friends, cast your cares at the Feet of Jesus and let Him carry you and your backpack.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: