Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

John 10:10 “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”

“Look unto Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth.” (God Calling, May 18.) From what are we being saved? Are we being saved from struggle and strife? Are we being saved from disease and sickness? Are we being saved from trials, adversity and heartbreak? No.

Tonight I called my Mom and Dad to tell them that I have a spot of skin cancer and another spot that looks suspicious. This was not what I was expecting to hear from the dermatologist when I went to see him today, but this is what he said. I really thought he would look at the spot and freeze it or something right there in the office and send me on my merry way. But no, he took one look at the spot and said, “It is a skin cancer and we will schedule you on one of our surgery days.” I will go in on Thursday morning and have these two spots removed and then the biopsies will be sent off to wherever they are to be studied and a determination made of their threat.

When I announced this to Mom and Dad, Mom said, “Gaylene, you have been through so much.” I simply said, “Mom, this is just life.” Then I read this passage tonight and thought about life. This abundant life God promises comes through salvation in Jesus Christ. All of the things of life and so much more happen to each of us, but the good news is that we have a God who promises to be with us and bring us through all of the tough times because of His love for us and His desire to bring us to eternal life.

I don’t just mean Eternal Life after we leave this life to live in heaven, but to begin the journey into Eternal Life with Jesus while still here on earth. Because the love of God and His grace through Jesus Christ has been promised to each of us (the verse says all) then peace beyond all understanding replaces fear, uncertainty and doubt with Joy that reigns and Hope that conquers.

The journey still continues and Joy leads the way. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer Alert! Ashley Cromwell, one of my teammates lost her grandmother on Sunday morning at an assisted living center. She was 93 years old and Ashley was very close to her. Please pray for Ashley and her family as they grieve through the loss of the matriarch of their family.

No comments: