Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Monday!

What a day! This afternoon we were out at recess with the sun shining bright and a temperature near 90. I had some errands to run at the mall after school and as I was leaving the mall through Barnes and Nobel, the storm hit and did not stop for a while. I decided to find a Venti cup of hot cinnamon tea and wait out the storm. A worthy wait!!

1 Thessalonians 4:13 “But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren concerning them which are asleep, that you sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.”

“Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.” How appropriate this is for tonight with the storm. The storm was blasting and thundering away outside and I was safe, warm and dry (the cinnamon tea really helped!) inside. As I was watching the storm I began to think about the faith God wants us to have. God wants us to remember that storms are going to happen. But there is no storm that God has not already weathered. The thing about a storm is that you cannot overcome a storm, you just have to wait until it blows itself out. The way we stay warm, safe and dry is by remembering to stay in the eye of the storm. The eye of the storm is where God is.

Sometimes it seems as though storms will never end. People of faith face storms with the anticipation that the storms will end and joy will return. Joy is our hope that the expectation of the morning is without question.

Dr. Adams, Casey’s oncologist, used to tell us “the destination was never in question just sometimes the journey sucks!” How wise and faithful this dear man was (and I am sure he still is). We have all come through the storms that life throws at us knowing God never leaves us to walk the storm alone, but stays with us in the eye of each and every storm. There will be more storms to come, but if we learn the lesson of the storm and remember to stay in the eye where the peace of God is present then maybe we can all remain warm, safe and dry (with a large cup of cinnamon hot tea).

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings, say your prayers and carry an umbrella. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: