Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Thursday!

2 Corinthians 12:9 “And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness”.

Tonight was the next to last class on The Book of Common Prayer. I cannot believe how quickly the semester has gone by and how much I have enjoyed the class. Tonight’s topic was on confession, forgiveness and marriage. A most interesting triad!

The pastors who have aided throughout the semester spoke of the Trinity of Satan which is Fear, Guilt and Shame. They, in turn, also spoke of the Triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. And how our triune God gives us His gift of forgiveness and how reconciliation is His gift and desire for each of us. They also spoke of why we don’t confess very often. Their take is because we don’t remember that we live in a state of forgiveness we just need to hear the word. When we finally confess whatever we need to confess we just need to hear the word “you are forgiven” and then believe that forgiveness is complete and a completely profound gift of love is given to us by God through Jesus and His death on the cross. We do not have to grovel our way up to being forgiven, we just need to ask and receive.

Receiving forgiveness happens immediately and then it is time to get on with our lives and then maybe even tell someone else about how God has forgiven us and never for a moment stopped loving and caring for us. God’s grace, our second chance, is never denied us. As one of my favorite songs says, “How great is our God! Sing with me. How great is our God. Then all will see how great, how great is our God!”

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Prayer alerts! I ask you to pray for Valarie Campbell and Mr. Dennis, both are colleagues at Burton Hill and have lost siblings this week. I also ask you to pray for the family of the SW High School student in Fort Worth this week. That school has been plagued with several deaths recently. Thank you, mighty and faithful prayer warriors. Peace be the journey, gc

No comments: