Saturday, April 17, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Today was such an awesome day. Bruce and I attended the final Kairos Team meeting prior to the Kairos weekend which is coming up beginning Thursday. I am on the supper team and I still have so much to learn. Unfortunately, I cannot get to Wichita Falls before Friday afternoon due to a school event of which I am the sponsor. And I am still struggling because the weekend falls between two very important projects: The Great Vigil project due on Thursday for my class at Brite and having grades turned in at the first of the week after the weekend.

Romans 8:27 “If we pray in the Holy Spirit, we can always be assured that all things will work out for good. (28) God is great and mighty; there is no situation that He cannot use for good as we pray and trust Him. We dare not pray the way we want to, but as we are led by the Holy Spirit.”

I have shared with you about serving on a Kairos Prison ministry weekend. I have shared with you my doubts about if it was the right time for me to serve as I looked at my calendar and so many things are happening all at the same time. All of these things are important, but the most important thing I can do is to love God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and serve Him by serving His people. Today I learned about spiritual DUI. Spiritual DUI is driving under the influence of Satan. I am driving with my hands on the wheel. I must surrender the wheel of my busy life over to God. If I take my hands off of the wheel and let God take over I will not land in the ditch. I will land in the place of peace just where He wants me to be and have assurance that I have been obedient. I cannot ask God to form to me!

Tonight I learned about two kinds of joy. “The first joy is the Joy of Love and Wonder and the second is the Joy born of Love and Knowledge and in between the experience of the two Joys is discipline, disappointment and almost disillusionment.”
(from God Calling)

The way to get from Love and Wonder and Love and Knowledge is to accept the strength and persevere in being obedient to God’s will and accept His discipline and Joy will follow.

I have never experienced an illegal DUI (the kind for which you get arrested), but I have certainly experienced spiritual DUI when I want to be in control sometimes on a daily basis and more than once a day. So today I surrendered my busyness and prayed for Joy in my heart to serve where I have been asked to serve. And you know what? I am very excited that that I am being given this opportunity to serve in this ministry.

So my friends I love you all and pray that you will all take joy in the journey and as do as Carrie Underwood sings, “Let Jesus take the wheel.” Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. See you in worship tomorrow. Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: