Monday, April 12, 2010


Happy Monday to you!

I have spent the day in the jury services of Tarrant County. I spent until around 10:00 in the Tarrant Co. Courthouse in downtown Fort Worth only to be sent to serve on a jury back here in Arlington. I was not selected to hear the jury so I was excused to go home and finish typing my term paper for my class at TCU. I did finish the first draft of the typed copy and sent it on to my wonderful editor, Bruce, for proofreading and editing. Thanks, darlin’!

Ephesians 3:20 “Now to Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think according to the Power that works in us.”

Tonight I am going to reflect on the meditation provided for today. In this meditation God reminds us that He is our guide and will help us if we trust Him wholly. Yesterday, I really needed to hear this scripture because I was running a bit low on faith and rapidly on the way to a meltdown because I was trying to solve a problem using the world’s resources instead of trusting that God will provide what we need when we need it.

Our need is God’s chance to help. When we turn to God in faith that is what God needs to manifest His Power. The passage tells us that that Power (another name for God) exists in us and works in us, but the key to releasing that Power is having faith in God and trusting Him wholly. When I look at certain aspects of my life all I see are my own imperfections, failures, uncertainties and faithlessness, but (according to the meditation tonight) God looks at me and sees faithfulness because God loves to change our hearts of doubt, imperfections, failures and uncertainties into hearts and minds of faith. So, friends, let us trust in the Lord with all our hearts and lean not on our own understandings and become faithful people.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: