Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy Monday and it is so good to be home!!

We left here on Friday afternoon and headed to Howe, Texas to spend the evening with Mom and Dad. Saturday morning we drove to Royse City to meet with the family and other members of the wedding party for the rehearsal. Each of us had a part in the wedding. Bruce and I were the vocalists and arranged all of the music for the wedding. Geni was a member of the house party and Travis was a groomsman and usher. The drama began for us when one of our CD’s would not play on the music system at the chapel. We ended up downloading “The Lord’s Prayer” onto another computer and finally everything was in place. Then back to Plano to On the Border restaurant for the rehearsal lunch. (Great fun and wonderful food!)

Back to Howe for the evening. Sunday morning it was off to worship in Howe and then back to Royse City for the wedding. The wedding and reception was held at All Occasions, a venue specifically designed to be a one-stop wedding shop. They house a lovely chapel and a reception hall. Everything was just beautiful. The two highlights (other than seeing my niece get married) was dancing with two very handsome men: Bruce and my Dad. Then it was beck to Howe to drop off Mom and Dad and then back to Arlington. Whew!!!

Philippians 4:7 “And the peace that passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ.”

We have talked about peace before. Peace is not the absence of conflict, storms of life or problems. Peace is staying in the eye of the storm.

On Sunday morning we went to worship with Mom and Dad. I had planned to sing Revelation Song during worship. Just prior to worship beginning I looked up and saw my high school choir director and his wife walk into worship. It had been years since I had seen them. Mr. Gohlke was my music mentor during high school. It did not take me long to discover that he had Alzheimer’s disease. He did not know me and could barely speak. It was a scene that nearly broke my heart. I have never prayed so hard to sing my best. I knew he did not remember me, but I prayed that the music would reach into his heart and would bring him peace. This is the man who taught me to perform and gave me a passionate love for music and the drive for perfection. I needed peace and I prayed for peace for him and his family as they deal with their husband, father and grandfather who no longer exists as they once knew him.

The only peace that can bring anyone through this situation is the peace that comes in the name of Jesus and through his love. And somewhere inside Mr. Gohlke lives Jesus. Jesus was there before this disease and Jesus is there now bringing him peace. This Jesus who can calm any storm, can heal the sick and raise the dead, exorcise demons and multiply loaves and fishes is the same Jesus who allowed me to sing the words to Revelation Song:

“Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty Who was and is and is to come. With all creation I sing, Praise to the King of Kings. You are my everything and I will adore You.”

Take joy in the journey. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much. Love, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: