Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

The first days of Spring Break are usually busy ones with catching up on the things that cannot be done after school and on weekends. Today was particularly exciting as Bruce hung a shelf in the window of the kitchen and it is there I placed my herb garden. I was so excited. In the last few months I have been cooking with more fresh herbs and less salt. It has been a fun adventure into a realm of cooking to which I have never gone before. (Sort of like Star Trek!) Anyway it looks really nice and I am so glad to have it. I have 9 pots of herbs ranging from basil to rosemary and in between. Thanks Bruce!!

Isaiah 30:15 “In returning and rest shall you be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength.”

Each evening around this time I sit down at my desk and have a few quiet moments with a scripture, a meditation and prayer. It is usually quiet as Travis is already asleep, Geni has gone to her room, Bruce is on the computer in the office and it is quiet. It is in this returning each night to this place and shutting out the rest of the world that I have a quiet time with God.

God is wherever our souls are. God is in each of our hearts, but sometimes we are so distracted by the world around us that we don’t recognize His presence. That is why it is so important to find a time during the day to just be with God, just to shut the world out, sit in His presence, feast and meditate on His Word and listen to the truths He has to tell us. God wants us to soak in His very presence so that we may understand His plan for us. That is why it is so important (for me at least) to have a quiet time with God each day. In the summer I tend to do this in the mornings on the deck with coffee. During the school year I do this late at night, because the house tends to be quiet then.

I urge you as you make this Lenten journey to find some alone time with God. Maybe if you did not give up something for Lent you could add these few minutes to your day. Make God a very real part of your day and then let Him work in your life throughout each moment.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say you prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: