Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Friday!

Alas, it is the last day of spring break. I have not accomplished all I needed to in this all too fast week, but I have had a wonderful spring break. Today I filled out another application for seminary due to the change in degree plan. I have notified Brite of my intent to change degree plans and spoke with the financial aid office concerning summer aid for my class. All is well! God is so good!

Psalm 20:7 “Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will remember the name of the Lord.”

Wow! What an awesome scripture! A good friend of mine says, “If money will solve the problem then it is not a problem.” This scripture caused me to think about the wisdom of this of this little proverb. Money comes and money goes. Chariots and horses can fail (just watch the chariot race in Ben Hur) but the name of the Lord lives forever. This simple act of remembering the name of the Lord and calling on that name sends a message of supreme trust. God is a God of Power and a Man of Love. God became human and remained divine. His power, divinity and love are what allow God to completely understand all of what we go through here on earth. If we place our trust in the things of this world then we will eventually come away empty because Isaiah 40:8 that says, “The grass withers and the flower fades, but the word of the Lord lasts forever.” God promises us that He will never fail us. God is not a God who would lie or break His promises to us.

Times for many are hard right now. There are those out of work. There are those who are ill and dying. There are those who are sad, lonely, lacking a faith and don’t know where to turn. There are those who are looking for chariots and horses to remove the obstacles in their way. There are those who are thinking there is nowhere to turn. We all know when there is nothing left to do but just depend on You, Lord and the power of Your Name. We know where to go and in Whom to place our trust. Share this trust and share the name of Jesus.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer Alert! Our young niece’s grandmother, Noelle, in Corpus Christi has but a few hours to live. She was diagnosed a few weeks ago with ovarian cancer. I ask you to pray for her, her daughter Lani and our niece Bianca.

Bruce and the Kairos Team will be traveling to Wichita Falls for the monthly prayer and share with the residents of the Allred Unit. I ask prayers for their travel mercy (as the weather is getting rather dicey) and for God’s blessings to reign down on this ministry and on those who carry the Word inside and those who receive it. Thanks and peace, gc

No comments: