Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happy Friday!

Psalm 32: 8 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will guide you with my eye.”

I have been a school teacher for around 30 years and have spent those years instructing children in the skill of reading, writing and math. Along the way I have received instruction through inservice training and observing other teachers teach. But before long I will be out of the teaching business and into the fulltime job of being a learner once again.

This passage of scripture assures me that God will teach me in the way He wants me to go. He will show me His purpose and guide me with His eye. For me this means that God will be watching as I begin to learn of Him, about Him and through Him at Brite.

But I don’t think that God only saves His guidance for those of us in seminary. I believe that God will teach and guide us in whatever we do as long as we commit it to Him and surrender it over to Him. When we surrender our hearts over to Him then He can lead us. Our purpose according to His will for our lives will be revealed and we will be at peace.

So my dear friends let us leave our fears behind and step out in faith. Let us bravely claim this scripture as a promise and sit in the classroom of faith and learn from the Master (cutting class will not be permitted!) .

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: