Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Prayer warriors, tonight I received news that my cousin Tony’s son, Matt, was electrocuted and died in Hutcheson, Kansas today. He leaves behind a wife and two daughters. The children are 9 months and two years. Tony is on his way to Kansas at this writing with his youngest son to be with Lisa and the girls. Matt’s mother Cindy lost another son to electrocution just a few years ago. She will be in need of many prayers. They have many difficult decisions to make. I ask your prayers for Lisa, Matt’s wife, their children, Tony and my Aunt Wanda, Matt’s grandmother as they go through this very sad time.

Psalm 66:7 “He rules by His power forever.”

When I heard the news of Matt’s tragic death my heart went out to Tony, Matt’s dad, and his family at their loss. I wish I could say I do not understand their grief, heartbreak and sadness, but I do understand. When we were going through Casey’s illness and death there were very few words of comfort that could be said even though so many people said so many kind things and tried so hard to help. What I finally figured out is that the words of those who have not experienced loss even though so heartfelt and kind really don’t soak in when you are experiencing the greatest earthly loss - the loss of your child. (Please take no offense all of you who were and still are so kind and supportive of our family for I appreciate all of your caring love more than you will ever know.)

“When there is nothing left to do, but just depend on you and the power of Your name.” I learned why God’s Word came to mean and has come to mean so much. The New Testament was written, through men as the inspired Word of God…a God who lost His child. The Word, whether in the Old or New Testament were passages of prayer, comfort, promise and hope. These words, even though written and delivered by earthly man, were inspired and anointed by God. He is a God who promises to stay beside us and bless us when we experience our deepest heartbreak and our greatest joys. He is a God who promises to answer all of our prayers. He is a God who, by His own power, promises that if we call on His name, He will bring peace and will drive away all of the forces of evil that surround us. He is the Lord of hosts Who goes before us as we shout “All power is given to my Lord.” Sometimes the only thing that would comfort me was claiming God’s presence, healing power and His promises. I knew God would understand because He too lost His child to suffering and pain.

Tonight my friends please pray for this family, whose members are numb with pain, grief and loss and pray they look to God for their comfort and their own healing.

Take joy in the journey even when it is very hard. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessing and tonight say very special prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Prayer, Tony’s wife, Cheri, is battling ovarian cancer. She did not make the trip with Tony tonight. Tomorrow she will travel to Oklahoma City to receive treatment in a clinical trial dealing with Parp Inhibitors. If this trial is successful it will be a great breakthrough in cancer treatment. I ask again for your prayers as she travels to receive this potentially life altering treatment. Thanks warriors, gc

No comments: