Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

This writing is at a very late hour and I am tired. I did not sleep a great deal last night as I thought about and prayed for Tony and his family.

2 Peter 3:28 “But grow in grace, and live in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.”

Tonight we had a long choir rehearsal and we had a new member. He is an older gentleman who lost a son 20 years ago to sarcoma cancer. He and his wife lost a daughter just a month ago. He and his wife have walked some really hard roads. Tonight when it came time to share concerns he shared that we should pray for all families who have lost children. His request was very heartfelt and full of such a strong and compassionate faith. His words of wisdom warmed my heart and I am so glad he has joined our praise team.

My meditation tonight (which was a briefer one than usual) said some very powerful things. One of the things was that “faith itself is based on a knowledge of Me.” The more we get to know Christ the more faith we can use to rely on God for everything. It also said that “faith is a priceless possession to be sacrificed in order to purchase knowledge.” I look at the term sacrificed as another word for surrender. When we surrender over the gifts God has given to us He always returns them to us and we are blessed beyond anything we can imagine.

So tonight or if you read this in the morning, do not try to discern the future, but let us just continue to gain knowledge of Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit. God will teach us everything we need to know. I don’t know why Casey was stricken with cancer and I don’t know why medical science has not found a cure, but I also know that those questions will not produce answers and the end result will still be the same. I do know, however, that God is a God of compassion, love and grace and through that continuous love and grace I will have knowledge of God and learn to have hope and help others who are hurting.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: