Sunday, March 21, 2010

Blessed Sunday!

Who could imagine that I would be wearing my warmest sweater, warmest jeans and a jacket to worship this morning on the 21st day of March, one day into the season of spring!

Well, spring cleaning came today. I started to put the sweaters away and got as far as just placing them on top of the cedar chest as Bruce read the forecast for tonight. It is supposed to get to 27 tonight and up to 67 tomorrow. I think the sweaters may stay out a little longer!

1 Peter 1:8 “Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy!”

Today after worship Bruce and I went shopping for some new furniture. We found what we wanted but it cost more that we could afford right now and we were going to have to finance. We filled out the paperwork and were approved for the amount of the furniture, but neither one of us felt really peaceful about the situation so we came home. We were in two different cars and I think we both must have been praying the same prayer. After arriving at home we decided that even though we needed the furniture we would wait until we could pay cash for it. We felt good about the decision, but sad about not being able to have what we wanted and needed.

When I sat down to write tonight the title of the meditation was “All is Well.” I then felt better and more at peace about the situation this afternoon. The meditation also told me to remember that God is not only on the journey with me, but He has planned the journey and will continue to plan the remainder of the journey and that joys unspeakable will be in the way if we continue on the path in obedience.

Please understand I do not expect new furniture to magically appear on the front porch, but maybe the joy in the journey is believing that God has blessed our decision and has another plan for us in His time and in His way out of His love for us. And maybe the joy in the journey is the peace I feel.

Following the path God has laid out for His children is not always easy as we are stubborn, willful children who really want God to bend to our every need and desire and to form to our way of thinking. The journey is not easy, but of this one thing I am sure, if we follow the path of obedience laid out by the Father, we will never be lost, alone, abandoned and it will always be right.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: