Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy Thursday!

Just a few notes and updates: First, the funeral for Matt Brown, my cousin Tony’s son who was killed this week, will be on Monday in Cisco, Texas. Tony is on his way home to Okema, Oklahoma, for a couple of days before the trip to Cisco. Next, Cheri is on the PARP Inhibitors to hopefully treat ovarian cancer. Please pray for this family mighty and powerful prayer warriors. Thank you.

Psalm 119: 28 “My soul melts for heaviness; strengthen me God according to Your Word.”

Tonight I turned in my new application to Brite and I have now officially changed my degree plan to Master of Divinity. The first part of this journey is complete. Next, I will begin the candidacy process through the Lutheran Church. At some point during my studies I will have to attend a Lutheran Seminary prior to ordination.

This whole thing makes me a bit nervous. And then tonight I read a passage from the Psalms telling me to ask God to strengthen me according to His Word. I am asking God to be with me and help me not to fear. I have never doubted His love and power and now I am counting on God to not let me quit or think I can’t do this when it gets really hard.

I have seen many wonders in my life, some very sad, some things that make me really glad and some things that have changed my life. When I look back on this path to seminary and changing to a Master’s of Divinity degree I think of how when Casey and I when to Houston and I was pretty scared and felt somewhat alone. God took that time to guide me in a life of prayer and a life in the Word that might not have happened had I not been in Houston. God put people in my daily walk and gave me a taste of what His future purpose for me was to be. There were no outside distractions to cause my attention to be anywhere but on Casey, prayer and God’s Word.

So here I go. Tomorrow I will phone the woman in the Synod office to put this whole candidacy process into place. I need God more than ever now. I need God beside me to help guide and strengthen me when I don’t think I can do this and even though actual graduation and ordination seem very far away, I pray that I will stay the course until I finish and go on to do the ministry for which God has called me.

My devotion tonight reflected these words, “Wonders have unfolded. More still will unfold, beyond your dreams, beyond your hopes. Say, “All is well” to everything, “All is well.”

Let each of us practice the simple phrase “All is well” in our daily lives and claim in faith that God is will us and we should not fear.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: