Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Friday!

Praise alert!! Mom came home from the hospital today!! She sounds great, but says she is still a little tired and won’t be making it to the bridal shower tomorrow. She wants to save all of her strength for the wedding. So tomorrow after the shower Bruce and I will be going to Howe to visit and have lunch! God is so good!

Luke 17:6 “ If you had the faith the size of a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, dig yourself up plant yourself in the sea, and it should obey you.”

I have been receiving Publishers Clearing House notices through email for a while now. I have been filling them out each time they come and sometimes think how silly this is as I really don’t expect to win, but for some reason I still fill them out. Now, if I had the faith required to make them select my name to win the big money, the worries and concerns about money would be scratched off of my list. Just as Forrest Gump said when Lieutenant Dan invested in Apple Computers and told Forrest he wouldn’t have to worry about money again, “that’s good, one less thing.”

Perhaps instead of praying for more money I need to pray for more faith. I need to remember that God has never failed me and I need to rest my trust in Him. I believe that God answers all prayers. I also believe that because He is God (and I am not!) that He does not always answer my prayers in the way I would like, but He answers them in ways that are best for me and in my best interest.

Yes this household is always in need of more money to pay the bills, put food on the table and gas in cars, but money is a worldly, necessary but worldly need, but it is temporal. God is everlasting and His faithfulness to us is so much greater than our faithfulness to Him.

God says in His Word that He will provide a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path and bread for the day. My I continue to pray for more faith and remember how faithful and loving our God is. How great is our God!!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: