Sunday, February 28, 2010

Happy Saturday!

What an awesome day! Asenath’s bridal shower was amazing! She received so many lovely things and was such a gracious bride. She is a student at Texas Tech. Would it surprise you to know that she is doing her kitchen in Red Raider red and black? Go Asenath!

Also one the most wonderful things that happened at the shower was that Geni became acquainted with the head of Special Education for Allen ISD. She was a delightful woman in whose home the shower was being held. When I left Geni at the shower I met Bruce at the car singing “God is good. All the time!” For those of you who do not know, Geni is following the Special Education path at the University of North Texas.

And!!! After the bridal shower Bruce and I went to Howe to see Mom and Daddy. What a great visit! Mom looks really great and is feeling better. She did not attend the shower but is planning to rest up and save all of her strength for the wedding.

Mark 1:35 “And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, He went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.”

How do you begin your day? I rise, shower, get a cup of coffee and finish getting ready for the day. Jesus models for us that He rose early (probably before coffee) and went out to be with God and receive instruction for the day. Jesus spent time alone with the Father. It is during this time that Jesus learned of the plans God had for Him for the day. I can imagine that Jesus treasured those daily moments in communion with God as he was surrounded by people so much of the time and rarely had a moment alone. It was a quiet time of communion just between Him and His Father.

Do we look at our alone time with God as a treasure? It is so important to have quiet moments with God. It is in these quiet moments with God that we grow in our friendship with God. They are opportunities to begin each day to give over more of our lives to His Lordship. When I begin my day talking and listening to Jesus the rest of the day seems to go better. The old hymn comes to mind, “Take time to be holy, speak oft with thy Lord.” Times talking to God and listening are times of holiness between just you and God. What a treasure…to take it to the Lord in prayer. See you in worship.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: