Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

John 4:24 “God is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

This morning as I was getting ready for school I was listening to WBAP. I have been listening to them in the morning for years. Today someone said “As you get older, spend your money foolishly and spend your time wisely.” I have had this little piece of wisdom sort of rambling around in my head all day.

Tonight Pastor Joel preached on the story of Mary and Martha. These two women spent their time with Jesus in different ways. Martha spent some of her time cooking and preparing a meal to serve Jesus and the Disciples, but she also spent some of her time being angry because she was alone in the kitchen without help from anyone. Mary sat at the feet of Jesus and listened and learned from Him. She spent her time in peace and adoration of Jesus. Both women spent their time productively, but only one of them spent special time with Jesus. Martha spent her time preparing a meal that would only last for a few hours. Mary spent her time being fed for a life time.

Take time each day to be with Jesus. Pray often. Stay in fellowship with other believers and worship the Lord in the power of the Holy Spirit. So, to all of the “Marthas” out there, make a buffet, set out the paper plates and grab a piece of the floor. Sit at the feet of the Father and learn from Him.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: