Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Monday!

Perhaps the old saying about March came true today. It sort of came in like a lion with the wind, rain and cold. We will just have to wait to see if it goes out like a lamb…

Psalm 34:17 “The righteous cry, and the Lord hears.”

For the last few days I have been writing about prayer. For me the Lenten journey is a journey of prayer. Finding time alone with God is not always easy but it is always time well spent. I believe God hears each prayer and answers each prayer.

God provides understanding when we are ready to understand. Understanding usually comes in quiet moments, not in eruptions of emotion. When we are quiet we are better able to listen and hear the voice of God through the power of the Holy Spirit. Our problem is that we are not usually patient enough to wait on the answers He provides. We want to go ahead and act and pray God will form to us instead of waiting for God to answer in His time. God always answers prayer. Our hope is that He will answer our prayers at our bidding in the way which we believe is right.

Well, part of that is true. God answers all of our prayers. He just does not always answer the way we would desire.

God has promised us that He will lay low every mountain in our path and the rough places of poverty shall be made smooth. What we must always remember is how much God loves us. We must always remember that God is God. He is Lord and that He loves us and must trust Him in all things. Trust Him as our Savior and King.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: