Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy Thursday!

Mom is not home yet, but we are hopeful of a Friday dismissal for her. I talked with her today and it was a wonderful conversation. She still sounds really great. She still gets a bit winded when walking, but I guess there are no quick fixes and it will take some time to get everything regulated just right. But I am so grateful that she is doing better. I am anxious to see her this weekend.

Romans 8:37 “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.”

Those of you who have been reading these writings since the Caring Bridge days will remember when I got really down. Casey was so sick and I was so worried. I missed Bruce, Geni and Travis so much. I missed my Mom and Dad and the other members of my family. I missed my school and my church. When all of that was going on Satan tried so hard to steal my joy. Finally I just faced Satan head on and told him he had no power here. That was when I began to take joy in my journey. When setbacks or bed news or sadness began to happen I began to claim victory in Jesus’ name and somehow God began to restore the joy to my life. Tonight my devotional reading told me that joy is the balm for all of the ills of the world. There is nothing that joy and love cannot do.

We all face tough times. Remember that Jesus’ light never shines so bright as in the midst of adversity. Don’t let Satan steal your joy. Claim the name of Jesus and say, “Jesus conquers, Jesus saves, Jesus restores in the face of every doubt, every sin, every evil and every fear.” Tell Satan he has no power here. Claim victory in Jesus name.

Take joy in your journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: