Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Monday!

This morning my daddy called to tell me that Mom had to have an emergency pace maker. Her heart rate dropped to 30 and she was having trouble putting one foot in front of the other. She came through the surgery without a hitch. (Mom would have it no other way!) They have set the pace maker at 70. I got to talk to her as soon as she got back to her room. She already sounded better. The docs tell us that she will have boundless energy from now on. Please keep her in your prayers. Her name is Genita Helvey. My niece’s bridal shower is on Saturday so as soon as we are finished at the shower we will head to Sherman to see her.

Proverbs 3: 5 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Remember the Lord in all you do and He will give you success.”

Lessons in trust are the hardest lessons. God wants us to trust Him wholly. God promises us that we will be helped, we shall be led and guided continually. God offers Himself to us as our guide, our shepherd and teacher to help us to learn our lessons in trust.

As a teacher I prepare lessons each day or the children I teach. But in truth it is my job to teach children and use whatever means I can to see that they are prepared to go on to second grade and have a successful school year. The children and their parents place their trust in me to teach them all I can so they are prepared for the next grade level. The problems come when children don’t pay attention and parents do not help their children. Our trusting relationship with God is a lot like this.

God prepares lessons for us and it is our job to pay attention and surrender our wills over to the Father for instruction. God loves us so much and His tender love will never fail. So, my friends, let us put doubt and fear aside. Think of how much faster we will grow if we take away the roadblocks of doubt and fear and replace them with trust and peace.

God can and will work in us and through us in things big and small. But it takes practicing trust on our part until trust and staying in touch with God becomes a way of life.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: