Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

Not the same snow as a week and a half ago, but still nice to watch it fall from the sky even if it did not stick.

A praise alert!!! I spoke with Mom this afternoon and the heart doctor is ready to dismiss her today. Her regular physician is not ready to let her go home as yet, but maybe tomorrow! She sounded so good on the phone. I could already hear the energy coming back into her voice and she is ready to come back home. If she can come home very soon her plans are to go to the bridal shower with us this weekend. Thank you for all of your prayers and I ask you to continue to pray for her. We are so appreciative of all of your prayerful support.

John 8: 31-32 “Jesus said, “if you continue in My Word, then you are My disciples indeed; and you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.”

When Casey was first diagnosed with sarcoma cancer, Bruce and I set about reading all we could about the disease. We learned all we could and then listened to Doc Adams for the rest. The truth is that in our research there wasn’t a great deal of information about this very rare cancer except that is was incurable. Even though our information did not give us hope for a cure it did tell us the truth. Now that we knew the truth we had to decide what to do with this devastating diagnosis.

All through Casey’s illness, treatment and death, the truth was always in front of me. No one ever sugar coated the truth. I would rather know the truth. In truth there is no gray area and I can deal with truth even if I don’t like it. When Doc Adams told us that Casey had only a few days left on this earth, that was the most devastating truth I have ever heard, but that truth allowed all of us to place all of our priorities in order and changed the way we looked at so many things.

The thing about God's Word is that it does give us truth and hope. The truth in God’s Word causes us to become more like Jesus. The more we read and study His Word the more we learn and know about the heart of God through His Son, Jesus. God’s Word is the nourishment we must have to fulfill our purpose in the kingdom. Feeding on God’s Word must become a priority in our lives. For a long time I did not find time for personal Bible Study or even a group study. What I did finally come to was the realization that I had to find a study time that fit my time. Now I listen to a drive-time devotion each morning based on God’s word and instructions and each night I read a scripture-based devotion and do some reflective writing about what I have read. It is not a lot of time, but my day is not complete if I don’t spend these two times in study, meditation, prayer and reflection. My day begins better and my evening ends peacefully.

Find some time to get into the Word. Learn about the heart of God and be nourished for the journey ahead.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: