Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

Today was much more like a Tuesday in January in Texas than the past few days. I went to TCU this afternoon and the shorts and t-shirts were everywhere!

Psalm 147: 11 “The Lord is pleased with those who worship Him and trust His love.”

In my drive time devotion this morning the opening phrase of the meditation was “If God sends you out on a limb, then that is the safest place to be.” Let’s talk about Noah. Now there was a man out on a limb. The Voice of God tells Noah to build a boat out in the yard, place his family and two of every animal on board and wait for a flood. From the story recorded in Genesis those things are exactly what Noah did. Noah knew that bringing pleasure to God was the first purpose in his life. The faith and obedience that Noah showed to God must have made God smile.

How can we make God smile? I was reading in Rick Warren’s The Purpose Driven Life. According to Warren there are five acts of worship that make God smile.

God smiles when we love Him supremely.
God smiles when we trust Him completely.
God smiles when we obey Him wholeheartedly.
God smiles when we praise and thank Him.
God smiles when we fulfill His purpose.

God had to establish a relationship with Noah before He could ask him to build that Ark. It was after God built a relationship with Noah and Noah began to love God, trust and obey God and learned to praise and thank God that God called Noah to fulfill His purpose. God took Noah, his family, some of His creation and placed them in the safely of an Ark and then sent them out with only their faith to guide them. Talk about a man out on a limb! And yet that limb (Ark) was the safest place for the floating zoo to be because it was completely in God’s control and according to His purpose.

So I guess the question for tonight is, “Do I make God smile?” Do I practice these five acts of worship? And, finally, am I fulfilling God’s purpose? Do I live the example of a life lived to please God? Just throwing it out there tonight…

Take joy in the journey, wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: