Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy Friday and Happy Birthday Travis!

Travis turned 19 today. Tonight had special requests from the kitchen for a birthday dinner and a lot of Wii playing. Tomorrow our niece is spending the day with us so we have saved our meal out and movie to share with her.

Matthew 28: 18 “Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.”

We have a limited vision and understanding of God and His Son Jesus. This passage says that God gave Jesus all power, power in heaven and earth. Since Jesus has all power, what have we to fear? We have a bit of a problem grasping the concept of all.

One of my readings said, “Our lives are hidden with God and God does not change.” Because our lives are hidden with God we can claim His power at anytime. The same power with which God led Moses through the desert is the same power that lies within us because God lives in us. Do you realize that we can use the power of God at anytime and ceaselessly? We cannot ask too much of God and He never tires of our requests. We are the focus of His love and His relationship with us is the most important aspect of God’s life. God gives us His joy in the life of Jesus. When we claim the joy God gives then we can live our lives without fear.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Thank you to those who wrote on my email and sent birthday wishes to Travis. He sends his gratitude for your remembrance.

No comments: